Wednesday 16 April 2014

Empty seats and empty heads

I wasn't planning on posting two independence-related pieces one after the other (I want this blog to have SOME variety, after all, and I don't want to give the impression that this is the only issue I'm interested in), but I saw this side by side comparison on Facebook a few moments ago, and it perfectly illustrated what I was saying about the lack of active support for the anti-independence campaign, and more broadly the union as a whole, even if it isn't currently translating into a majority for Yes in the polls at the moment.

The same venue in Stirling was used on two consecutive days, with the Yes campaign holding an event on the 14th April and the No campaign holding one on the 15th:


(Image originally posted on YES to an Independent Scotland)

That's actually an immeasurably WORSE turn-out than your average Scottish Conservative Party conference, and that takes some doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment